Tamara Pester – Background and Experience
Tamara Pester’s practice focuses on business law, and she has particular interest and expertise in trademark search and registration,business contracts and agreements, technology law and software licensing, intellectual property law, and mergers and acquisitions. Ms. Pester also can provide legal advice and assistance with FDA laws and FTC compliance, including food and drug law labeling and marketing.
Tamara launched her Denver business law firm in 2006, after having gained experience as an associate at an established large firm in Atlanta, and as in-house legal counsel for several major corporations, including Schlumberger (formerly LHS Communication Systems, Inc., then Sema Group plc and SchlumbergerSema) in Atlanta, Georgia and Englewood, Colorado and First Data Corporation in Lone Tree, Colorado.
Tamara is a Denver native, daughter of a C.P.A., and she is also the contributing editor of Snowgrrl.com and inventor of the Passover Bingo game, designed to make Passover seders more fun for kids and adults, so she understands the challenges and highlights experienced by small business owners and entrepreneurs.
- B.A. cum laude from Washington University in St. Louis (Major: history; minor: business administration)
- J.D., University of Denver College of Law
- Law Review editorial staff member
- Highest grades in legal research and writing, Intellectual Property, and Sales (Uniform Commerical Code Article 2)
- Colorado – 1998
- Georgia – 1999 (inactive)
- New York – 2011
Taylor Carrillo – Background and Experience
Taylor Carrillo is an associate at Tamara S. Pester, LLC. Her practice concentrates on advising creative and general business clients on the aspects of intellectual property and business law. Taylor has experience in drafting business contracts, including commercial lease agreements, licensing agreements, distribution agreements, and asset purchase agreements. In addition to effective contract drafting, Taylor counsels clients on a range of trademark and brand protection matters, including trademark clearance and enforcement.
Prior to joining Tamara S. Pester, LLC as an attorney, Taylor spent two years clerking at a corporate and commercial litigation law firm, where she gained experience in legal research and corporate and commercial litigation and one year clerking for Tamara.
While attending the University of Denver Sturm College of Law, Taylor served as a student attorney in both the Civil Litigation Clinic and the Veterans Advocacy Program, in addition to fulfilling the requirements to become a certified mediator.
Taylor is a Colorado native and is the contributing editor to the LawReviewed legal blog and Instagram page.
- J.D., 2019 University of Denver Sturm College of Law
- B.A., 2015 University of Colorado
- Colorado Bar Association
- Colorado Women’s Bar Association
- Top Ten Trademark Myths, Presentation to Personal Injury/Real Estate law firm, May 2019
- Business Promotion and Protection through Social Media and Trademarks, Presented to the Rocky Mountain Indian Chamber of Commerce, April 2019
- Branding Basics, Continuing Legal Eduction class for attorneys at Arapahoe County Bar Association annual CLE seminar, Spring 2017 in New York, New York.
- Trademarks 102: Beyond Basics, for myLaw CLE, July 2016, Orlando, Florida.
- Trademarks 101: Branding Basics, for myLaw CLE, October 2015, Scottsdale, AZ.
- Presentations to the Cherry Creek Chamber of Commerce, Denver Small Business Development Center, and other community and business organizations.
- Review of Legal Resources, THE COLORADO LAWYER 36:6 (June 2007), 70.
- Conducting a Legal Website Audit, ULTIMATE WEB DEVELOPER’S SOURCEBOOK (Keyes, ed., 2001).
- Co-author with David Teske, Building a Legally Bulletproof Website, THE E-BUSINESS HANDBOOK (Warren, Gorham & Lamont, 2000).
- Host Liability for Online Communities, ELECTRONIC COMMERCE ADVISOR, November/December 1999.
We engage other professionals as the need arises, and are networked with a large group of local and national attorneys and law firms, so that clients always have access to the right legal expertise. As a nimble small firm, we are uniquely positioned to be able to ramp up quickly within an organization to provide seasoned, top-quality corporate counsel services. We understand the need to minimize legal risk, but are also keenly aware of the importance of getting deals done in a timely fashion.
Articles and Chapters
We have an office in the Country Club neighborhood, near the Cherry Creek North business district. We service business clients throughout the metro Denver area and Colorado, including downtown Denver, FivePoints, RiNo, the Highlands, LoHi, LoDo, Aurora, Centennial, Englewood, Lakewood, Golden, Arvada, Wheat Ridge, Littleton, Broomfield, and Thornton.
New York Businesses
Tamara Pester also practices law in the state of New York. She works frequently in midtown east and midtown west, SoHo, Chelsea, the Upper East side, the financial district, Queens, Brooklyn, and Long Island including Long Beach, Great Neck, and Southampton.