Tamara Pester – Background and Experience
Tamara Pester’s practice focuses on business law, and she has particular interest and expertise in trademark search and registration,business contracts and agreements, technology law and software licensing, intellectual property law, and mergers and acquisitions. Ms. Pester also can provide legal advice and assistance with FDA laws and FTC compliance, including food and drug law labeling and marketing.
Tamara launched her Denver business law firm in 2006, after having gained experience as an associate at an established large firm in Atlanta, and as in-house legal counsel for several major corporations, including Schlumberger (formerly LHS Communication Systems, Inc., then Sema Group plc and SchlumbergerSema) in Atlanta, Georgia and Englewood, Colorado and First Data Corporation in Lone Tree, Colorado.
Tamara is a Denver native, daughter of a C.P.A., and she is also the contributing editor of Snowgrrl.com and inventor of the Passover Bingo game, designed to make Passover seders more fun for kids and adults, so she understands the challenges and highlights experienced by small business owners and entrepreneurs.
- B.A. cum laude from Washington University in St. Louis (Major: history; minor: business administration)
- J.D., University of Denver College of Law
- Law Review editorial staff member
- Highest grades in legal research and writing, Intellectual Property, and Sales (Uniform Commerical Code Article 2)
- Colorado – 1998
- Georgia – 1999 (inactive)
- New York – 2011
- Trademarks and Copyrights 101, presentation to Herosmyth, November 2019
- Top Ten Trademark Myths, Presentation to Personal Injury/Real Estate law firm, May 2019
- Business Promotion and Protection through Social Media and Trademarks, Presented to the Rocky Mountain Indian Chamber of Commerce, April 2019
- Branding Basics, Continuing Legal Eduction class for attorneys at Arapahoe County Bar Association annual CLE seminar, Spring 2017 in New York, New York.
- Trademarks 102: Beyond Basics, for myLaw CLE, July 2016, Orlando, Florida.
- Trademarks 101: Branding Basics, for myLaw CLE, October 2015, Scottsdale, AZ.
- Presentations to the Cherry Creek Chamber of Commerce, Denver Small Business Development Center, and other community and business organizations.
- Review of Legal Resources, THE COLORADO LAWYER 36:6 (June 2007), 70.
- Conducting a Legal Website Audit, ULTIMATE WEB DEVELOPER’S SOURCEBOOK (Keyes, ed., 2001).
- Co-author with David Teske, Building a Legally Bulletproof Website, THE E-BUSINESS HANDBOOK (Warren, Gorham & Lamont, 2000).
- Host Liability for Online Communities, ELECTRONIC COMMERCE ADVISOR, November/December 1999.
We engage other professionals as the need arises, and are networked with a large group of local and national attorneys and law firms, so that clients always have access to the right legal expertise. As a nimble small firm, we are uniquely positioned to be able to ramp up quickly within an organization to provide seasoned, top-quality corporate counsel services. We understand the need to minimize legal risk, but are also keenly aware of the importance of getting deals done in a timely fashion.
Articles and Chapters
We have an office in the Country Club neighborhood, near the Cherry Creek North business district. We service business clients throughout the metro Denver area and Colorado, including downtown Denver, FivePoints, RiNo, the Highlands, LoHi, LoDo, Aurora, Centennial, Englewood, Lakewood, Golden, Arvada, Wheat Ridge, Littleton, Broomfield, and Thornton.
New York Businesses
Tamara Pester also practices law in the state of New York. She works frequently in midtown east and midtown west, SoHo, Chelsea, the Upper East side, the financial district, Queens, Brooklyn, and Long Island including Long Beach, Great Neck, and Southampton.